Monday, July 14, 2014

Dented Rim & Wheel Removal

Was on my way to work, not far from my apartment and after a speed bump I felt lost control I stop and see that I've gotten a flat and can said  that the PCX is very heavy to push it back to my place !

Switch to drive my car to work and only able to check my bike after work and only found out that there is a huge dent on the rims ! 


Dented Rims

As it was not possible to ride this bike anymore the only option is to remove the wheel and send it for repair as I've call a few bike shop and they don't provide any on-site service :)

Thanks to youtube there is a few guide on how to remove the wheel ! But unfortunately for my case the rear swing arm is stuck ! it is blardy hard to be remove.

On a side note the tools require are , 11m, 12mm, 14mm socket wrench and since I dont have larger socket for the axle nut I just use a 24mm double ring wrench.

Since it is asian model we dont have the parking brake option so I just use a zip ties and hold the rear break. If you found it hard to remove the nut just stand on the wrench ! I did it this way.


Once the all the nut / bolts are remove and by right the swim arm should be very easy to remove ! but not in my case. I just spray it with WD-40 and leave it for days, and wiggle it and i notice that the arm start to come out a bit and I hit the arm with hammer and it go back in and I try to wiggle it out again and it manage to come out ! and notice that there still a silver washer on the rim so it was hard to remove as well. So same technique without hammering just wiggle and push it back in and I able to remove the rims !

Now just look for shop that able to fix the dented rim ! 

Rusty Axle

rear swim arm after removal


No comments:

Post a Comment